Sheet Masks 101: Why Do You Need One And How To Use It?
When it comes to pampering your skin, sheet masks are a great addition to your skincare routine. If you are unfamiliar with sheet mask and how to use one, read on to find out more about this popular beauty product.
What are Sheet Masks?
Sheet masks are sheets made of fiber or cellulose that are cut in the shape of a face and pre-soaked in serums. They are typically individually packed, which makes them easily portable even when you are travelling. Simply pull the sheet mask from the packaging and apply it on the face for 15 to 25 minutes. There are different types of sheet masks for various skincare concerns.
Sheet Mask Materials
Sheet masks come in many different materials. Here are the most common materials:
- Microfiber: feels as smooth as silk and is eco-friendly
- Cotton: lightweight, good absorbency of serum
- Hydrogel: similar to peel-off masks, feels cooling
- Tencel: smooth, made of natural fiber obtained from trees
- Foil: lined with cotton on the underside and can prevent moisture of the serum from evaporating.
- Charcoal: sheets that are infused with charcoal powder to absorb impurities from the skin
- Bio-cellulose: It sticks well to the skin
- Cupra: lightweight, similar to cotton sheet masks but more transparent
How to Use a Sheet Mask
With so many different types of sheet mask in the market, it is important to find out what your skin needs when choosing a sheet mask. The first step is to identify your skin type and the climate in which you live. Next, select the type of serum that the sheet mask is infused in. For example, if you have oily skin and live in a tropical climate, get cooling, refreshing, and light sheet masks like those infused with cucumber, lemon, or aloe vera. On the other hand, those with dry skin can consider getting sheet masks infused with honey.
Here are the steps for using a sheet mask:
- Cleanse the face and pat dry
- Apply toner
- Remove the sheet mask from its packaging and apply it to the face
- Spread the mask out to ensure that it covers the whole facial area
- Set a timer for 15 to 25 minutes
- Remove the sheet mask when the time is up
- Slowly massage the face in circular motions using your fingertips
- Use remaining serum from the pouch on your neck, elbows or knees and anywhere that needs an extra dose of nourishment.
Shop at 107 Beauty for Natural Skincare Products
Are you looking for natural skincare products that are gentle on dry skin? If so, look no further than 107 Beauty. The core ingredient in our products is aged vinegar, which is fermented and aged for up to 30 years in Korea. Derived from traditional Asian medicinal remedies, this special formulation has been passed down for 36 generations.
107 Beauty is headquartered in New York and offers shipping nationwide. If you are interested to purchase our products but are based outside the United States, please drop an email to email@example.com for international shipping to be arranged from Korea. For general and sales inquiries, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.